Book Tickets Online
The Keeper’s Pond, also known as Pen-ffordd-goch Pond or the Forge Pond, is situated near Pwll Du, on the hill above Blaenavon. The pond was built in the early 19th century to provide water for Garnddyrys Forge, which started production in about 1817. The forge was dismantled during the 1860s and whilst the pond no longer fulfilled an industrial purpose, it rapidly became a local beauty spot. It also acquired the name Keeper’s Pond because the gamekeeper of the grouse moors lived in a cottage nearby.
Today, the Keeper’s Pond car park is the ideal starting point for a walk on the Blorenge Mountain, a picnic beside the water or even a dip for wild swimming.
- Free Parking
- Dogs Accepted