Camping at Old Station, Tintern
The Old Station, Tintern is the perfect place to camp in the Wye Valley. It's a beautiful campsite in a small conservation meadow surrounded by trees and close to the car park.
What to do at the Old Station, Tintern
1. The fee for camping is £4.15 per person per night(under 5’s free of charge), payable in advance of your booking. A tent tag will be issued on arrival, this must be attached to your tent and be visible for inspection should the need arise. Additional charges are made at Bank Holidays. Payment must be made prior to arrival.
2. There is no vehicle access to the site, cars can be parked in our car park. One days free parking is included in your stay (i.e. from arrival until midday the next day) Additional parking is charged at £3.50 per day there after.
3. You may camp for a maximum of 3 nights only. More than 3 nights is by agreement with the site manager.
4. Fires are strictly forbidden as the camping field is a conservation meadow, however fire pits are available for hire(£10 per night, first nights wood included).
5. Camping stoves are permitted.
6. The disabled toilet is left open for your use. Toilets are situated behind the main station building. There are no shower facilities. On busy days all toilets are left open.
7. There are barbecues situated next to the main station building and by the circle of legend statues for your use, free of charge, charcoal being the only permissible fuel. Hot ash must be extinguished after use.
8. The countryside is a quiet place, please be considerate to others and do not disturb their enjoyment with unnecessary noise from vehicles, radios, musical instruments etc particularly after 10pm.
9. Persons aged less than 18 years must be accompanied during their stay by an adult of over 21 years old.
10. Dogs kept on leads are permitted on the site. Please ensure any excrement is cleaned up and disposed of properly.
11. Monmouthshire County Council shall not be liable for any loss or damage occasioned to any person or vehicle or its contents whilst on the site, howsoever such damage or loss is caused.
12. If you will be arriving after 5pm please notify use and we can give you instructions for when you arrive.
Price: £4.15 per person, per night. Click here to book.
Parking?: Free for one day/night, additional days at £3.50 per day. No vehicular access to campsite.
Fires?: Forbidden, but fire pits available for hire (£10 per night) and camping stoves permitted. BBQs are also available for use, free of charge.
Facilities: No showers, disabled toilets available. All toilets available on busy days.
We are open 7 days a week and Admission is FREE.
The tea room is open 9.30 - 5.30pm from March 14th to end September, and 10.00 - 4.00pm in October.
The carriages are open 10.30 - 5.30pm from March 14th to end September, and 10.30 to 4.00pm in October.
Opening days and/or hours may vary for special events or as a result of private bookings, please check events listing or ring for details.